Welcome to my blog...

Hello... And thanks for stopping by/stumbling upon my blog. Do read on. It's just the thoughts and opinions of a regular bloke going about a fairly normal life. Hope you find something that is thought provoking and perhaps even inspiring....

Sunday 17 March 2013

#john316

So, I was asked by a twitter friend to post John 3:16 as my status on twitter and Facebook today (18/3/2013). In fact it is part of a bigger Facebook initiative that is raising awareness of this great verse in the Bible.

And, so I agreed to it and hence my status will have that verse on it for today. But why did I do it? Why bother?

Quite simply, because I happen to believe that it will make a difference. I don't know everyone that reads my blog. I don't know your background, race, religion or status. It matters not.

This is a universal, all inclusive statement. It is a statement that does not focus on one religion or another, but simply states the love of God in action.

I wonder have you heard this verse from the Bible before. Here it is:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever, believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life".

 

I remember a little song that we used to sing about this verse. It went something like this;

"25 words in John 3:16,

No greater verse has ever been seen,

12 about God and 12 about me,

Son in the centre, Verse 16, John 3"

I recommend it to you as a great verse to commit to memory and to come to know the truth of - John 3:16, Here's a little vlog about this verse, that tells of an experience I had recently when quoting this verse;


 

No comments:

Post a Comment